The Salvation Army Warming Shelter opens every evening from November 1 – March 31 inside the Community Corps, 237 N. Macy Street. The shelter offers opportunity for you, your family, church, business, organization, and school to provide help to those with no place to call home. Contact Amber the Shelter Coordinator at 923- 8220 x. 125 or email email@example.com with questions and to sign up.
Donate Time. Volunteer as a shelter helper. The shelter staff welcomes warm hearted volunteers to greet guests and settle them in evenings from 6– 8 pm. Please contact Shelter Coordinator Amber to select a date(s).
Donate & Serve Dinner for Shelter Guests. Each night shelter guests sit down to dinner at 6:30 pm. Volunteer to make and then serve the meal. You determine the menu. You may use our commercial kitchen or bring in the meal all set to serve. It’s up to you! Contact Shelter Coordinator Amber to select a date (s).
Donate Supplies. Donations of the following linens are vital to the shelter’s startup:
- 188 Sheets, Twin- sized, flat (not fitted)
- 94 Pillow Cases
- 64 Blankets, Twin -sized, machine washable
- 50 Towels, Bath size
- 50 Washcloths
These supplies will need to be restocked throughout the season:
- Feminine products
- Rid (de licing)
- Men’s socks/underwear Women’s socks/underwear
- Hand soap
- Hand sanitizer
- Individually wrapped nutritious snacks
- Disposable plates & silverware
- Reusable shopping bag
- Grocery store gift cards
Make a Financial Donation. Startup shelter supplies and expenses have been identified. Funds to offset the initial $10,729 needed are appreciated. The Salvation Army is a 501 (c)(3) non – profit organization and contributions are tax deductible. Donate in person M-F 9 am to 4 pm and/ via mail. Please make checks payable to: The Salvation Army and note “Warming Shelter” on the memo line. Mail or drop off to: 237 N. Macy Street, Fond du Lac, WI. 54935. Donation receipts will gladly be offered on request.
– – – – – PLEASE CUT AND RETURN WITH DONATION – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – — – – — – Please accept this $ __________ (amount): _____ on behalf of ____ in memory of _____ from our organization Organization/Memorial Name: ________________________________________________.
Name: ______________________________ Address ___________________________________________
Phone: ____________________ Email: _____________________________________________________________ Thank you for working with us. Together, we are to be a beacon of hope and help for our community.